Join our award-winning, ambitious & hard-working team in one of our exciting roles and help us drive our success to the next level. We are a rapidly growing business but still small enough that you feel like a member of the Celtic & Co. family – we’d like you to become our newest member! We support our employees by providing dedicated learning and development opportunities that will help you to thrive and succeed. At Celtic & Co. you’ll have a healthy work-life balance, a supportive and open-minded team environment and the opportunity to enter a cycle-to-work-scheme. We also offer an exclusive employee discount. All applications must include a covering letter and details of your current notice period. All roles are based in Cornwall.
The role: Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser, you will assist with all aspects of the merchandise function of the group to help develop and achieve the strategic goals of the business.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities include:
Development and execution of strategic merchandising plan
- Through in-depth analysis of product performance highlight areas of opportunity/risk to develop the merchandising plans
- Support strategy by maintaining a working knowledge of the market through regular review of competitor pricing, offer and trends
Work with Senior Merchandiser and the Product team to develop seasonal and range
- In conjunction with Product & Marketing, development and ownership of critical planning dates
- Execute seasonal planning in line with agreed critical path
- Analyse historical sales alongside in season review of product and supplier performance to feed into range development
- Provide catalogue analysis to support Marketing with planning future space by category in the books.
- Provide the Product team with a seasonal shopping list to ensure we deliver balanced ranges considering, the customer’s needs, size of range, option mix, commerciality and price
- Create category & sub category plans that roll up to deliver company targets in line with critical path attend regular planning meetings with Product & Marketing teams to continually develop the range
- Provide Merchandising input at Pre Selection & Selection meetings. Responsible for Merchandising key range metrics to help drive decision making.
- Alongside Product and Marketing agree on product to be featured in catalogues, marketing calendar and hero styles
- Continual development and improvement of Merchandising planning tools and documents
- Responsible for planning all forward orders, taking into account launch dates, lead times, warehouse capacity and cash flow.
- Oversee Merchandise Admin Assistants in creation of seasonal order templates
- Oversee Merchandise Admin Assistants in keeping company delivery tracker up to date, and ensuring timely information on deliveries is communicated to the wider business
Drive in season trading activities
- Align merchandising responsibilities to company trading calendar.
- Ownership of creating and developing Merchandising weekly sales reports, in order to drive trading decisions
- Work with Marketing to ensure email messaging is aligned with stock availability, help identify opportunities and risks in the Marketing plans.
- Analyse weekly, monthly and seasonal performance, identifying repeat orders in a timely manner, and proposing actions to drive sales.
- Oversee the Merchandise Admin Assistants in the management and fulfilment of back orders.
- Assist Senior Merchandiser in provisding Merchandising updates for Monthly Board review meetings
- Oversee Clearance area on the website.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the Celtic & Co supply base
- Be proactive in understanding suppliers lead times, production and working methods in order to maximise opportunities in the supply chain
- Manage the Merchandise Admin Assistants, maximising performance through effective leadership, training, and support
- Ensure all merchandising documents and systems are up to date and accurate
- Oversee & ensure clear and accurate communication from the merchandising team across the business to facilitate the smooth flow of stock through the business
- Build strong internal relationships within the business
- Carry out any reasonable additional tasks as requested to support the effective running of the business
- 5-8 years Merchandising Experience ideally within a fashion environment
- Previous experience as a Senior Assistant Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Experience of developing & adapting Merchandising processes
- Have an eye for detail and the confidence to question and challenge
- Good communication skills – up, down, with peers, both within department and cross functionally
- Commercial aptitude, competitor and industry understanding
- Good analytical skills and meticulous in all aspects of work
- Good planning, organisation and time management skills, able to regularly assess and re-prioritise workload
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Shift Pattern: 40 hours Mon-Fri
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £28,000.00 per year depending on experience
Experience: Merchandising: 5 years (required)
Applications via Indeed: https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=Celtic%20Sheepskin%20%26&l=St.%20Columb&vjk=c92e246708044bc2
Sustainability Coordinator (Salary up to £28,000, DOE)
Sustainability and the principles of circularity are at the core of the Celtic & Co. brand. Every decision we make is a symbol of our commitment to defining what the future of fashion looks like. From only using natural materials such as sheepskin and wool to offering a resole and repair service, growing our recycled fibre ranges and pushing towards circularity. We’re an enthusiastic and welcoming team, who are passionate about working to create a positive impact.
The Sustainability Coordinator will support each area of the business across our portfolio of brands and our wider supply chain in the delivery of its sustainability objectives on our journey to becoming BCorp certified. This will be achieved through project management, prioritisation of objectives, practical support to deliver against objectives, organisation and excellent communication skills. The role is incredibly diverse, and requires collaboration across the entire business, through the supply chain and externally with other brands, NGOs and multi-stakeholder groups.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Sustainability Working Group across our growing portfolio of brands, supporting and holding each area of the business to account to achieve their ESG objectives.
- Understand the values, principles and requirements to develop a strategy and action plan for the business to achieve BCorp certification.
- Project manage the delivery of the strategy across all areas of the business as well as identifying and delivering against some objectives personally.
- Support across a broad range of sustainability focuses, including circular initiatives, waste reduction, packaging, impact measurement, transparency and traceability, reporting, community, policy and communications (both internally and externally).
- Support team with sustainability-focused reporting and calculation of progress towards key Sustainability KPIs and targets, taking ownership of delivery where necessary.
- Be a broad sustainability expert: provide support and technical advice to the wider business to enable them to support sustainability goals through their roles and responsibilities.
- Help drive circularity initiatives across the business and supply chain; support with identification of and engagement with key partners.
- Maintain company transparency and integrity: support on production, verification & validation of internal & external communications.
- Stay on top of changes in legislation, industry standards, industry achievements to advise team and integrate strategically.
- Support on internal policy development and implementation.
- Support drafting internal policies.
- Support with sustainability-related communications around products and innovative materials.
- Write annual sustainability reports for the portfolio of brands.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an ESG / sustainability role in retail or manufacturing industries.
- Proven experience with achieving BCorp certification (preferred) or other recognised ESG accreditation schemes.
- Passionate about creating measurable positive change within the fashion industry.
- A self-starter: takes initiative and is able to own projects from start to completion.
- Activist mindset: bring passion, innovation and excitement around working to create positive impact.
- Proactive: able to identify responsible solutions as and when sustainability challenges arise; ability to analyse information to recommend informed solutions.
- Holistic understanding of sustainability topics and their interconnectivity, including the circular economy, climate change, animal rights, biodiversity & resource conservation, ethics & social welfare.
- Delivers work to a high standard, paying close attention to detail & prioritise workload effectively.
- Be both a strong team player, whilst also able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Understanding of business operations, apparel and supply chains.
- A people person, with strong stakeholder management skills: able to develop and maintain strong relationships internally and externally, ensuring that projects flourish.
- Ability to cover a range of work topics simultaneously and move between each seamlessly.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbally). Communicates with impact and has the ability to inspire.
- Ability to track projects against timelines and present succinctly with clear actions.
- Highly competent IT skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Act as the first point of contact for customers, clients and partner organisations, communicating effectively and efficiently with customers and colleagues in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Answer a high volume of calls and maintain a rapid response rate to agreed standards, striving for high order value through link selling and customer rapport building, remaining calm and providing a professional response at all times.
- Professionally respond to sales and customer queries using a problem solving approach to find solutions for customers, resolving complaints and queries as necessary. This will be achieved through: diffusing any difficult situations; responding to written communications in accordance with departmental standards, ensuring accurate information is provided and spelling & grammar is correct; where appropriate, recognising situations outside of your control passing these on correctly
- Contact customers by letter, email and/or telephone in support of planned or unplanned promotions and audits or to increase sales figures as directed by the Manager or the Supervisor providing information to customers of current or special offers available.
- Process orders and catalogue requests placed by telephone, email, & post in a timely & accurate manner.
Temporary Contract length: 7 months : 01/08/2022 – 05/03/2023 or 6 months: 05/09/2022 – 05/03/2023
Working hours: Shift patterns: 8/9h shifts Mon-Fri 9am – 8pm Saturday 9am-6pm (two Saturdays a month, evening shifts only in peak time)
Salary: £9.60per hour
The role: Reporting to the Head of Product, you will work alongside Senior Product Developer to develop a range which reflects the customer needs and encompasses the brand handwriting.
Development of the Celtic & Co range
- Work alongside the rest of the product team to develop an overarching theme, feel and direction for each season.
- Manage your own categories independently, with guidance from Head of Product. Source appropriate fabrications and work closely with the supply base, in order to develop suitable styles for the brand.
- Create technical packs independently and can balance creative product design with a commercial eye.
- Attend and run fit sessions independently, including conveying and directing fit amendments to supply base. You should have a high level of technical understanding and garment construction in order to ensure correct fits and a consistent high quality.
- A keen interest in sustainability and an understanding of the rapidly changing options within the market. A desire to discover, investigate and utilise sustainable opportunities to ensure the brand stays at the fore front of sustainable style.
- Organised and able to undertake and manage administrative tasks: Approval of lab dips, strike offs and embroideries, keep sample trackers up to date.
- Able to manage deadlines and work to key critical dates in order to deliver samples on time for the range selection process, photos shoots and fit process.
- Liaise and build strong relationships with UK and European vendors.
- Team player, working alongside other business functions to deliver targets on time.
- Be a positive role model and set an example to junior members of the team, being proactive in seeking out responsibility and tasks.
- Preferably 5 years of experience in a relevant, apparel-based role. Applicants from a design background will also be considered.
- Working knowledge of Cad packages preferable.
- Have an eye for detail and passion for product.
- Good organisational and time management skills; able to regularly re-prioritise workload, react and adapt to changing department requirements.
- Able to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Able to travel outside of the UK if required.
Shift Pattern: 40 hours Mon-Fri
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year depending on experience
Application deadline: 03/06/2022
Applications via Indeed: https://uk.indeed.com/job/womenswear-designer-49d1c41f94610e6f